Thursday, September 18, 2008

Labor Day 2008 Sailboat Cruise - More Photos

So these are not quite in "chronological" order but I'll do my best to describe what's going on.

Here is the actual lighthouse on the South Haven shore so that those sailing at night can find their way.


Here is the line of boats heading back into shore. It was about 6:00 pm at this point so folks were trying to get in before it started to get dark.



This is after we had gone under the bridge and were heading back into the docks. It was cool to see all the other boats and check out their names, etc. Some of the beach condos were really nice, as well.


All sailing vessels big and small were waiting for the drawbridge to let up so that they could dock their boats, jet-skis, etc. Those that were wmall enough to go under brige were great but those that were bigger with big sails etc, you had to wait as the drawbridge only went up on the hour and half hour marks. On the weekends, it's very busy in the town so the drawbride master was strict in how long he'll kee the bridge up. It's a trip.

Here are more pics of the shoreline and some of the GREAT houses along the lake. I want one when I grow up!



This is one of our sailing neighbors on their clipper ship. Is it not gorgeous? I had to take a photo.


our skipper leading LeCirque back into the boat slip. Isn't he great. he and Claudia were great hosts.
Here is yours truly enjoying herself out on the sailboat.



here is my sweetie - we're out on the front of the boat just chillin and taking in the scene on the lake.


Is Daddy having a good time or what?


And here is is my sweetie and I at the end of our cruise. Windswept and hair all over the place; however, a good time had b all. Hope you enjoyed our cruise. More photos to come.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just doing some surfing and dropped by. It looks like you got some good pictures. Beautiful day! I enjoy playing around with my camera also. I love to get pictures of nature.