Saturday, June 14, 2008

Weekenders Inc. goes belly-up!

Many of you know that I've had a side hustle (part-time job) since May 2003. Selling Weekenders Clothing Line was a great gig for me. I had some great clothes (many of you who read the blog have been customers of mine, and I truly appreciate your support), made some new good friends and had a little extra cash to pay for some trips, etc. Not to mention some terrific tax write-off's, which a single sista needed in the worst way.

Well, unfortunately, on June 9, 2008, Weekenders declared bankruptcy. I had only been selling the clothes through catalogue sales for the past 1.5 years as my day job had kept me so daggone busy. This Spring & Summer season was my first "active" season with two shows scheduled and having gotten some samples together. Well, bummer but now we're done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cherai...I heard of this last week as a couple on my team were weekender associates....and one who wanted to jpoin couldn't as she was a paid supervisor or somthing like that...you must be more than a bit upset after the work and learning you put into your part-time weekender business....would you consider looking at a rock-solid and hugely expanding oppty. and work alongside some former weekender gals!

Let me know
richard@maxwellhealth.com

Anonymous said...

This is for all you hard working ladies who want a career in fashion! How about Jockey Person to Person - we do home parties and you can sign for free! Good until July 18! I would love to grow my team with you selling a well known brand!

Anonymous said...

oh yes my website
http://www.myjockeyp2p.com/tammycopeland