Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Mother's Day (belated)! Happy Father's Day!

I came to visit my parents and brother Brian in South Bend today. The primary reason is that Brian is going into the Peace Corps. I'm bummed b/c we won't see him for like....two years and I'll miss him. But, the second reason to come home was to spend Father's Day with Dad and Mom. I felt bad b/c I was sick in my bed on Mother's Day but am glad that I now get to see both of them in South Bend. I have not seen them both since they came up to Chicago for Founder's Day (and mainly that was with Mom - Daddy just chilled out at my hosue).
So anyway, it's always amazing how you appreciate your parents more once you become a grown up. I have some terrific parents and I love them very much. Mom & Dad, thanks for being such fabulous people and good role models. Brian, we'll talk more about him and his new adventures in a future post.
Happy Father's Day to all my friends who are Dads!

No comments: