Monday, June 30, 2008

There is exhausted, and then there is EXHAUSTED....

Hi ho everyone.

Wow, is June over yet? All I've done this month is work! Work with my day job, work with my sorority (well, helping a soror) and just working in general. The day job has really been a challenge as I had one more client program to work at the Chicago Hilton. Who knew that I would end up being Account Manager and Convention Services Manager as I lost my CS Manager. His son took a terrible fall that landed him in ICU with a broken wrist, broken jaw (in three places), busted teeth, collapsed lung and a host of other bruises and issues. So, he left us mid-show to go up with his wife (as he should and we were after him to get going the day it happened). Unfortunately, there was no one to replace him on the show so for a show that was already understaffed, we lost another management person so I was working 12 - 15 hour days (and surviving on 4 hours sleep for five nights) until the program ended on Thursday evening. Let's not even count that my client loved to make on-site changes that caused us to be running from sun up to sun down. It was CRAZY but yet and still, it all worked out! Thank goodness! The client was appreciative of all our hard work so that's a good thing. I'm just now coming up for air. I had the idea that I could actually get a jump start on the work this weekend of billing, etc and it was all I could do to stay awake.

I did manage to stay awake long enough to go to the Taste Of Chicago to see Stevie Wonder on Saturday evening. Grant Park was SOOO CROWDED that they actually quit letting people in the park for the free concert. It was really good, though, Stevie performed for three hours - what fun. Do you want to see more great acts at the Taste? Here's the website to see who else will be performing: http://egov.cityofchicago.org/city/webportal/portalEntityHomeAction.do?entityName=Taste+of+Chicago&entityNameEnumValue=166

Hmm, I'll have to learn how to list websites with the pretty title of the site vs just the actual article.

OK gotta get back to work. Hopefully will have more posts of fun times to share come July as I have two trips lined up and hope to have some fun while I'm out. Hope you're having a grand summer! OH - more on Lil Bro's Peace Corp Assignment and the parent's upcoming Alaska cruise later. I'm so jealous!

No comments: