Saturday, April 12, 2008

More Updates on Cherai......

It's a shame, isn't it? That I have to keep giving you updates as opposed to just staying current! Good grief.
Well, since January 2008, let's see what's been going on:

February was kinda quiet with just one quick day trip to Boston - than then took all day to get back. It was a large storm and I ended up having to be routed from Boston to DC (National Airport) to Chicago to eventually get back home. I did not bring my computer on that trip b/c it was literally a QUICK TRIP and then sat in the Admiral's Lounge all day long with no computer! I read a book instead. If it wasn't the stress of trying to get home, it would have been a peaceful day. The grandmother of one of my sorors passed away and I participated in the Omega Omega service for her. That was sad. Also did the MPI-CAC Ed-Con, that was fun.

March 2008 - lots of travel. Went to DC for a meeting of minds with my sales colleagues. That was fun. Then went to Philadelphia for 8 days for my client's meeting at the Pennsylvania Convention Center and at the Marriott Philly. Tough city to do a meeting. Labor is terrible and expensive. You know, it's not so bad to have expensive labor when it's good labor. It's when it's expensive and not good that it really sucks. I also relaunched my Weekenders business as it had been pretty dormant for the past year. Check out the website: www.weekendersusa.com. Really cute clothes this season. I'll be doing some shows soon.

April 2008 - was in DC the first week to do a tradeshow called Springtime in the Park. That was fun to see some of my colleagues that I used to work with in DC and Miami and New Orleans when I used to work the DC market. I also saw the contact for one of my biggest bids to date - hope we get that meeting. We'll see what happens. It's been a busy time in Chicago just planning stuff for my clients. I travel to Seattle for a site inspection April 21 - 22. let's hope that American Airlines has their stuff together for the trip b/c these cancellations of planes are a pain. I mean, I want to be safe and all but really - let's get it together. I also had a 24 hr bug that put me down for the count for about two days. Hate being sick.

Everyone is my life is well and/or surviving. My brother and his wife Laura suffered a miscarriage so that was tough. They were supposed to come visit to tell my Mom & Dad in person but since the baby was lost, they did not come up. I hope to see them on my next trip to DC. I tried to see them this past trip in April but they were kinda keeping to themselves - which is understandable. Ah well......I do understand.

My parents are well. Dad turned in his resignation at the Elkart Council on Aging. Mom and I are happy about that. He's going to do some consulting and be really retired. Mom is still principal at Brown Middle School. That's good. She seems to be doing well. She's also gotten active in the sorority again - I'm so pleased. My roomie is back!

Brian is thinking about joining the Peace Corps. He left the newspaper (Springfield News Leader) in December 2007 and has been teaching a class at the university and writing freelance. I told him that he's a great person to do the Peace Corps volunteer work. God Bless Him.

I've been looking at other folk's blogs and it's nice to catch up with people's lives - especially when you don't get to talk to them. My college roommate Meghan is looking to adopt a baby from Russia so...that's really interesting. She's blogging about the process. I'll share the address if anyone is interested. My sister-in-law's sister just had a new baby and it was fun to see the new pictures on their blog of their little boy. So since I appreciate seeing other people's lives up to date, I will do better at keeping my blog more up to date. There are some things that I want to discuss anyway so I'll do my best to keep it up.

Gotta start the taxes thing now. Since I should get a refund, I'm not stressing over the April 15th date but...I could use the money so let's get on point to get these taxes done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
My name is Elise and I am a Gr Leader with Private Quarters. Have you heard of us? I have been with PQ for 7 months after switching over from another DS company. We have a young company, this is truly ground-floor! We have the highest party volume averages in the industry. I would love to share the details with you. My company is offering a Transition Package to all Weekenders. (get paid as a gr leader and no cost for the starter kit-see below for details) I love this company! It is a perfect fit for an interior designer~I have 3 of them on my team already! I would love to know whom you decide to go with!
Elise
406-655-8237
www.bliss.privatequarters.net

link to the Virtual Info Packet for your Transition...
http://www.myprivatequarters.com/weekenders/