Sunday, November 4, 2007

Is honesty always the best policy?

Time is just flying this year. I cannot believe that it's already that time to start planning for Christmas and get that last bit of dieting in before the feasts of Fall begin.

It's been a crazy fall thus far. After I got from Puerto Rico (which while beautiful, was a bit of a stressful trip), I had about 4 days and then I headed to Washington DC to do another client program. That program went very well - thank goodness - and the clients were happy with us. Love it when you've got good stuff going on.

Had a small recent set back with a client who felt I was "too direct" - what does that mean, anyway? But, I volunteered for the good of the company to back away from the account and the client. It's a shame that the client could nto come to me but I guess that would have been "too direct" for her to do that. I've always believed that communication can work through almost any problem. It's a shame that other people cannot find a way to communicate clearly, honestly and effectively to resolve conflict instead of going behind people's backs and acting ugly toward others.

It's kinda interesting - a recent conversation with a friend that we discussed how she finds it creepy to find out that people are talking "about" her instead of "to" her. I told her to get over it b/c people will ALWAYS talk about you and in fact, the bigger a role you take (in anything), the more fodder is provided for people to talk about. I move and conduct myself with honesty, integrity and compassion in all things and accept responsibility for my actions. Frankly, I feel blessed that I have the ability to talk with anyone about anything (some call it a gift and some call it a curse) and to be able to discuss (and hopefully resolve) conflicts in a calm and clear manner.

When I make a mistake, I am the first to take ownership and clean up whatever was messed up. It's amazing to me that I run into so many more people who cannot handle that. Why is that? Ego? Fear? Denial? What is that about?

I was feeling anger towards the client and towards the fellow Projection staff person who had a hand in this situation and who lied to me directly when I opened a conversation to see if there were any conflicts and/or issues that the client had with me that I was not aware of and then at the same time was arranging a meeting between the client and MY BOSS. Praise God that my boss has supported me throughout this trying time as it has weighed heavily on me. It's tough to not know what you've done wrong (in someone's eyes) but for them to cut off communication and/or act in an untoward and ugly manner to you. But, I'll have to just move on. Thank God my other clients seem to like and appreciate my work on their behalf.

OK - still owe you pics of the new home office. Someday soon..... Hugs,

No comments: