Saturday, August 4, 2007

We won!!!

I think I remember telling you about my good friend and Soror Octavia running for Midwest Regional Director of my sorority, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Well, after many months of planning and campaigning and work, the On the M.O.V.E. team was ELATED to see our candidate win her bid to become Midwest Regional Director. All our months of hard work and prayer (cannot forget the power of prayer and the work of God that runs through all our lives) yielded such a successful result. OGM will make a wonderful director and I am so happy and honored to call her friend and have served on her campaign committee.

Through many various avenues - but especially through the work I've done in Landmark Education (www.landmarkeducation.com), I've had the pleasure of learning over and over that when you give (of your time, your talents, your grace) from a generous place, the unexpected windfalls of what you receive in return outweigh what you've given out tenfold. Towards the end of the campaign time, my contributions to the campaign really kicked into high gear with mobilizing the volunteers and making sure that her campaign booth and items for the voting delegates were in place and ready to go. Work had also kicked into high gear and it was just a very stressful, busy time. OGM and I had had a conversation that we were BOTH ready for this election to be over - one way or another - as we were both just exhausted from all our efforts.

Let me tell you, though, all those negative thoughts disappeared the moment I got to Milwaukee and started working with the FABULOUS team of volunteers that had presented themselves to help in any way possible to get Octavia to reach her goal of RD. I am so blessed to have met many fascinating women whose talents and gifts go beyond compare and were so generous in spirit. We had a GREAT time in Milwaukee and I told OGM that I would do it all over again in a minute. When they read her name as the victor of the race, there were tears in all of our eyes (including hers) and we were so happy - all the time spent in planning and preparation was forgotten in that happy moment.

Real job then called andI had to head to Montreal for a business trip Saturday night so I was not able to participate in the celebrations but I was joyous in my mind and in my heart for OGM and our On The M.O.V.E. team on the plane and in Montreal once I got to my room.

Congrats to my girl and her team for all their hard work. Now the fun (and real work) starts to keep our region tops in the sorority. I've told OGM that I am there to help her.

No comments: