Friday, June 22, 2007

Next stop - Asheville & Brevard, North Carolina

Hello everyone.


So the next stop on my two weeks of travel was to Asheville, NC. My client had a program there and I also have extended family there so I decided to go visit client and family at the same time. how convenient. My and my girlfriends Renee and Patsy stayed at the beautiful Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa in Asheville - it was fabulous. Pictures will be coming soon. My client's program went well (from our end) so she was happy with me and my colleagues. Yea.


Saturday I went to a family reunion and saw many cousins and uncles and aunts and just folks I have not seen in YEARS! That was tons of fun.

Sunday was just a day of relaxation at the spa. Boy, did I need that! It was just fabulous. We stayed in the spa from 12:00 noon until 8:00 pm. There were 4 different pools and then jacuzzis and waterfalls and a cafe so you could have lunch and dinner there. It was easy to stay occupied and amused in there for 8 hours.


Monday we toured the famous Biltmore Estate, home to George Vanderbilt. It was HUGE and amazing.




This was the main dining room of the estate. Pretty, huh? The place was really huge - almost too big for someone's home. But then again, I'm sure I could live with it. :-)

This is the Italian garden from the estate. If it had not been so hot, I would have shot more photos.

Those two photos are from the website. Once I get the pics developed, I'll share other photos from the trip.

That's all for now. Catch you later

No comments: