Saturday, June 30, 2007

Enjoying the lazy, hazy days of summer....NOT!

Well, it's June 30th and I should be just taking it easy and enjoying the summer, right? Well, when I go to do fun summer things, I do enjoy them and then I feel guilty for not doing my work-work, my house work or my homework (stuff that I committed to do with my extra curricular activities). Let's not forget studying for my GMAT's, as well. That has been so cast aside. Then, I want to call folks and stay in contact with family and friends. There just never seems to be enough time in the day to do everything one wants to do.

And now it's time for my favorite event that happens every year - The Taste of Chicago. OH - what fun. However, it's just more of a game to figure out what I can eat and what's not good for me since I've started the South Beach Diet. I've lost 12 lbs so far - so I'm really excited about that. The Taste is so filled with yummy fried whatever and tons of potatoe food items. PHEW - it ain't easy. Last night was the first night and it was PACKED with people going to see Frankie Beverly and Maze, the headiner for last nights show. I went with about 8 of my sorors and we had a BLAST! It was just a little too crowded at certain sections, though. It was also the first night so folks were really excited and showed up in full force. I keep telling my out-of-town friends to come up b/c it's such a treat.

My parents usually come up for the Taste but they are on a plane to NJ to see my Mom's family and then to ride down to DC to see the newlyweds - my brother Jeff and his wife Laura. That should be fun. I hope to see the lovebirds the week of July 9th. Should be good times for all!

OK, enough of this. I have chores and errands so let me get started on those. Will attempt to keep all the balls juggling. Hope to hear from some of you who read my blog soon and look forward to keeping up with you by reading your blogs, or by speaking with you (or even seeing some of you) soon.

No comments: