Monday, May 28, 2007

I walk....and walk.....and walk....yet the pounds don't disappear.....

So, I've been bumping up my exercise since November 2006. My gym visits have increased to at least three times a week. Since April 2007, my overall workouts have gone up to about five per week. Two strength training sessions with my trainer Tyrone (who is a cutie -I'll have to get his photo for you b/c all my girls who work out at the same gym just think he's adorable) and then two - three cardio sessions of either ellyptical or treadmill. Since the weather has gotten better, I have taken to walking outside to run my errands instead of driving. With the cost of gas these days, it's helping my pocket AND my weight.

The best part of all this is that people are looking at me and asking me "What are you doing b/c you're losing weight? You look good." That's exciting. And yet, the scale does not move......... why is that? How frustrating. The tummy is still out a bit too far....

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be so great! I've started to really watch my portions and lessening the sweets, as well. Let's see if that helps the situation.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I learned a bit of this in my nutrition class. For some people it has something to do the kind of Carbs they eat and their insulin levels. When the carbs are breaking down into sugars the insulin levels rise too high and store the body fat, locking in those calories and not allowing the body to burn them off even with exercise. There is something called the glycemic index that some people are going by and finding good results with weight loss. You can still eat carbs but need to stick mostly to the good carbs that don't spike your insulin levels. I will look into it and send you some info ;)
Keep up the good work, I think ya look great!

Anonymous said...

Try not to count your fitness level based just on the pounds you lose. With the kind of effort you are putting in, it is probably showing on you by making you look leaner. Muscle weighs more than fat, so even with same weight, you may be a lot leaner and healthier. Measure your progress by the way your clothes fit on you and how you feel.
Watch what you eat, more fruits and vegetables and less meat. You should see good results based on all the effort you are making.

Good Luck!